II. GEORGE MACKENZIE, second of Allangrange, who in May, 1731, married Margaret, daughter of John and grand-daughter of Sir Donald Bayne of Tulloch. They have a retour in 1732. The male heirs of the Baynes of Tulloch--originally a sept of Mackays from Sutherlandshire, who settled down in the vicinity of Dingwall early in the sixteenth century--having terminated in John, this lady's father, she carried the lineal representation of that old and respectable house to the family of Allangrange. By Margaret Bayne, George Mackenzie had issue--
1. Simon, who died young in 1731.
2. William, a Captain in the 25th Regiment. He died before his father, unmarried, in 1764.
4. Alexander, who died unmarried before his father, in 1765.
5. John, who succeeded his father in Allangrange.
6. Margaret, who, as his second wife, married Alexander Chisholm, XXII. of Chisholm, with issue, and carried on the succession of that family.
7. Isobell, who married Simon Mackenzie of Langwell, a Captain in the 4th Regiment (marriage contract 1767), with issue.
8. Mary, who married Kenneth Chisholm, Fasnakyle, a cadet of Knockfin, with issue--Margaret, who married John Chisholm, Comar. George had six other daughters--Anne, Janet, Susanna, Lilias, Ann, Barbara, and Elizabeth, all of whom died young or unmarried.