2. Colin, who succeeded his brother John as IX. of Hilton.
3. Florence, who married her cousin, Alexander Macrae, son of the Rev. Donald Macrae, minister of Kintail.
He was succeeded by his eldest son,
VIII. JOHN MACKENZIE, eighth of Hilton, who married Margaret, daughter of Kenneth Mackenzie of Alduinny (marriage contract 1710), without issue. He joined the Earl of Mar, and was one of "The four Johns of Scotland,"--Ceithear Ianan na h-Alba--killed at the battle of Sheriff-Muir in November, 1715, where he commanded a Company of the Mackenzies. He was succeeded by his brother,
IX. COLIN MACKENZIE, ninth of Hilton, who married Catherine, daughter of Christopher Mackenzie, Arinhugair, with issue--
1. John, who married Helen, daughter of Roderick Mackenzie, VII. of Fairburn, and died without issue, before his father, in 1751.
2. Alexander, who succeeded to the estate.
3. A daughter, who, as his first wife, married John Macdonell, XII. of Glengarry, with issue--Alastair, who carried on the representation of that family, and another son.